As an Avon Representative, are you using Facebook to sell Avon online? With 1.11 billion monthly active users on Facebook, you should definitely have a presence for your Avon business if you are serious about selling Avon online (Source: http://www.activecommunities.com/blog/top-10-social-media-stats-to-watch-2013/). Building an online customer base is a time consuming process and Social Media marketing is only a piece of the puzzle so don’t expect to start seeing immediate results but over time, it definitely pays off.
Sell Avon Online Using Facebook – Marketing your Avon Business
- Create a Facebook Page – One of the biggest advantages of creating a Facebook Fan Page vs. marketing your Avon business on your personal profile is you can attract an audience interested in hearing about your Avon offers. The last thing you want to do is scare off your friends and family by talking about Avon all of the time on your personal page. Other advantages to having a Facebook Fan Page include: monitoring the success of your posts with Facebook statistics, scheduling automated posts, and using Facebook apps to add other cool features to your page. For instructions on setting up your Avon Facebook page, click on the gear on your Facebook profile – select Help – type in “Create a Page” in the query box for detailed instructions.
- Advertise your Facebook Page to Local Users – We’ve all heard the saying “you have to spend money to make money.” One idea on where to spend your marketing budget to gain more Avon customers is to advertise your page to get local Facebook users to become fans. You can advertise your page for as little as $1.00 / day on Facebook. After all, what good are your posts if no one is seeing them? One benefit of creating a Facebook ad is you can target demographically (ex: only females ages 18 – 65) and geographically (ex: within 25 miles of your hometown). For instructions setting up an advertisement for your Avon Facebook page, click on the gear on your Facebook profile – select Help – type in “Create an Ad” in the query box for detailed instructions.
- Engage your Audience – Use pictures and links to engage your Avon Facebook fans. When a new campaign starts, I like to create a photo album with my favorite deals from that specific campaign. I include pictures of the Avon catalog and all of the valid flyers, the new products being introduced, and my favorite sales from that campaign. Not only does this create excitement for your Avon customers to see the latest and greatest Avon products / sales, but it also gives you ideas on what to share on your Facebook page during that campaign time frame. To save the photos from the current campaign, go to your personal Avon website – click on “Shop my eBrochure” – find the page you want to save to your photo album – right click and select “Save Image As.” Then on your Facebook page, click on Photos – then Albums – Create New Album. Throughout the campaign, share different photos from that album to notify your customers of sales and new products. Another Facebook tip to sell Avon online is to always include your website when you post. Remember to include http:// or www. in front of your website address so your fans can click directly through to your website. Also, be sure to post when Avon offers free shipping. No one likes to spend money on shipping so to stay updated on free shipping offers: turn on your automated emails in your web office – sign up for your own email subscription – then post when Avon offers free shipping deals. When posting these offers, include a picture of the offer, describe the offer (ex: Free shipping on any Avon order), mention the coupon code, when the offer expires, and of course your web address where they can place their online Avon order.
- Automate your Posts – Did you know you can schedule your Facebook posts? We all know most of us Avon ladies are busy and posting on Facebook may not be our first priority. To ensure you are consistent with your Facebook posts, set up automated posts. When typing in your status, you’ll notice a little clock icon at the bottom left corner of the box. Click on that clock – enter the year, month, day, and time you’d like your status to post – click “Schedule” and voila, your post will appear when you want it to even if you’re not on Facebook. Just be sure to check your page often in case one of your fans has questions or makes a comment which requires a response. You can also include photos in automated posts. Select “Photo / Video” in the status box – then “Upload Photos / Video” – you’ll then see the same clock icon appear in order to schedule your post with a picture or video clip.
- Measure your Activity – Every good marketer knows measuring what works and what doesn’t is all part of the game in finding your best marketing techniques. When you have an Avon Facebook page as opposed to a personal profile, you have the advantage of seeing your page insights including: how many people see your post (Reach), the number of people who have clicked on your post (Engaged Users), how many people liked, commented on, or shared your post (Talking About This), and the percentage of people who created a story from your post out of those who saw your post (Virality). Each statistic gives you an idea of which posts your fans like and which aren’t so popular. You can click on each of these columns to sort by largest to smallest or vice versa to find out what works and what doesn’t. You can also click on the number of engaged users to see if you had any negative feedback. Negative feedback means someone hid your post. The more people you reach, the more likely you will have negative feedback so I wouldn’t pay too much attention to this number. However, if a certain type of post gets more negative feedback than normal, you may want to reconsider posting any similar types of posts in the future. Most importantly, use the statistics to see which types of posts your fans like the best, what times of day are most popular, and how frequently you should post.