Top 10 Tips for Looking Younger
Wearing sunscreen, practicing proper nutrition, and being blessed with good genes are some of the top ways to ensure you look your best at any age. But let’s face it: The effects of those things take forever to show up! For the impatient among us, allow us to present ten ways to stealthily shave off years—in just seconds. From a foolproof way to fake fuller lips to the easiest eyeliner switcheroo to skincare secrets that will get you glowing, we’ve gathered the best pro tips from two Avon experts – Consulting Dermatologist Dr. Kim Nichols and Celebrity Make-up Artist Lauren Andersen – for looking years younger fast. (Just don’t blame us if you get carded!)
Our skin produces less and less moisture as we age. And when our complexion is dry and dehydrated, lines and wrinkles become more obvious and can even affect the way our makeup looks. “You don’t want makeup settling in those lines, so you want to use a good moisturizer to plump them up,” says Dr. Kim Nichols. Her pick: Avon ANEW Ultimate Supreme Advanced Performance Crème. “It has great anti-aging ingredients, like rare Tahitian black pearl, with a very hydrating, luxurious feel,” she says.
2) Upgrade your foundation.
Thick, matte foundations can make you look older. Instead, look for formulas with a satin-y, luminous effect to give you a finish that’s light-catching, not flat. We like the ANEW Age Transforming Foundation or another great option is the ANEW Age Transforming 2 in 1 Compact. And don’t let your application age you either! Too much product or telltale lines of excess product around the jawline are both instant agers. “You don’t need foundation all over your face,” says Andersen. “That just looks like a mask, which is very aging.” For a more natural look, she recommends applying foundation only to the center of the face, then blending it outwards towards the sides. This feathers and sheers out the color around the edges of the face (where you usually have less to cover anyway), eliminating any unsightly lines.
3) Get glowing.
Our skin has a natural ability to slough off dead skin cells and replace them with fresh, new ones. Problem is, this natural process slows as we age, leaving skin looking dull and lackluster. So give your skin a helping hand by exfoliating regularly! Treating your skin to a home peel once or twice a week will rev up cell turnover and instantly create a gorgeous, youthful glow. Dr. Nichol’s favorite: Avon ANEW Clinical Retexturizing Peel. These easy-to-use pads are packed with a potent dose of glycolic acid to whisk away dead skin and leave skin radiant.
4) Curl your lashes.
Not only does using an eyelash curler make your lashes appear longer, but there’s an anti-aging benefit, too. “As we age, the skin around our eyes starts to be less taut and our eyes appear smaller,” says Andersen. “But curling gives your eyes a quick lift and makes them look larger.” Pre-mascara, grab your curler (we like the Avon Eyelash Curler), and press it on your lashes for a few seconds, then release. Swipe on a few coats of mascara and you’re good to go.
5) Break out the brown.
For the most flattering eye liner, think beyond basic black. “Black liner can read as harsh as we get older,” says Andersen. “Brown eyeliner still gives your lashline a punch, but it tends to be softer, more natural, and more forgiving.” Trace your eyes with a rich brown, like Avon Glimmersticks Waterproof Eye Liner in Brown Chocolate, then smudge the line a bit. “Sharp lines can look severe,” she says. “Try a softer, blended look instead.”
6) Slather on eye cream.
“The area around your eyes is very delicate, so it’s one of the first places to show aging—it can actually age 30 percent faster than the rest of the face!” says Dr. Nichols. The fix: Pre-concealer, smooth on a good eye cream to plump and soften fine lines and crows’ feet in seconds. Try Avon ANEW Ultimate Multi-Performance Eye System.
7) Boost your blush.
Too-light, neutral blush shades can leave you looking washed out. But loud, super bright colors can look gaudy or juvenile. Instead, play in the middle. “Pastels pinks and peaches will brighten up your whole face and give you a glow,” says Andersen. “They’re instant pretty!” Swirl a big fluffy brush over the blush, then dust the color on the apples of your cheeks and blend upwards.
8) Line your lips.
Is there anything more frustrating than lipstick that starts out perfect in the morning, only to have migrated into those little lines around your mouth by lunchtime? Luckily, the solution is easy: liner. “Lip liner works great to help lipstick stay in place,” says Andersen, who offers this tip to avoid the dreaded ring-around-the-mouth look of leftover liner. Instead of tracing just the outside edge of your lips, fill in the entire lip, sketching along the outside, then feathering it in towards the center. We like Avon Glimmersticks Lip Liner.
9) Think light and glossy.
Lips lose volume as we age, so anything we can do to make them look fuller is a big plus. “Dark, bold colors can make lips look thinner,” says Andersen. “Instead, you want to go lighter, glossier, and more sheer.” Soft neutral shades of pink, mauve, and peach are especially pretty. And go for glosses when you can! The shiny finish tricks the eye to make lips look plumper. If you prefer lipstick, consider adding a dab of clear gloss just in the center. It makes lips appear fuller, says Andersen.
10) Skip powder.
Finishing off your makeup with a dusting of powder gets to be a habit for many women. But since skin gets drier with age, you probably don’t even need it. Instead, embrace the natural shine you have. “The dewy look reads more youthful,” says Andersen, who suggests skipping powder entirely or replacing it with a little shimmery bronzer instead. “It gives you a little glow, but won’t take out shine,” she says. Try Avon Glow Bronzing Powder.
Avon Training by Emily Seagren
- Avon Makeup Marketing Online Boot Camp
- Avon Makeup Marketing Online Training
- Avon Webinars by Emily Seagren
Sell Avon Online Successfully
- Avon Tips for Selling Avon Online by Emily Seagren
- Avon Brochures Online – View Avon Campaign Catalogs
- Avon What’s New Brochures Online
- Avon Recruiting Tips – Emily Seagren
- How to Sell Avon Online Successfully
- Selling Avon Online Tips – Emily Seagren
Avon Tips for Representatives
- Avon Marketing Tips – Selling Avon Online
- Avon Recruiting Tips – Selling Avon Online
- Avon Selling Tips – Selling Avon Online
Avon Beauty eRep – Your Online Avon Representative
- Avon Beauty eRep – Your Online Avon Representative
- Avon Catalogs Online – Avon Brochures – Avon Beauty eRep
- Avon Catalog Request – Free Brochure by Mail
- Avon Coupon Codes – Avon Free Shipping Codes
- Avon Outlet Books Online – Avon Beauty eRep
- Shop Avon Sales Online – Avon Beauty eRep
- Avon Mark Brochures – Avon Beauty eRep
- About Emily Seagren – Avon Beauty eRep
Makeup Marketing Online Pages
- Avon Brochure Online – Campaign Catalogs
- How to Sell Avon Online
- Avon Tips for Representatives
- Sell Avon Online Training by Emily Seagren
- Sell Avon – Sign up to Sell Avon Online
- Buy Avon – Shop Sales Online
- Makeup Marketing Online Beauty Blog
- About Successful Avon Representative, Emily Seagren
Selling Beauty Online
- Sell Avon – Become an Avon Representative Online
- How much can you make Selling Avon? Sell Avon
- Selling Avon Pros and Cons – Sell Avon
- Sign up to Sell Avon Online
- Selling Avon Reviews – Sell Avon
- Make Money Selling Avon – Sell Avon
- Selling Avon vs. Mary Kay® – Sell Avon
- Make Money Selling Avon – Sell Avon
- Selling Avon Reviews – Sell Avon
- About Selling Avon – How does Selling Avon Work?